It’s true, relationships often begin over coffee or rounds of drinks at happy hour. But to really get to know someone, you need to listen and gather insights over time. The same goes for building trust with your customers.
In your personal life, a great relationship might be measured in gallons of coffee but in business, great customer relationships equate to millions of data points, often scattered across the many tools used by your company. These might include Salesforce, HubSpot, Stripe, and Zendesk. Not too long ago, the best way to bring data from these sources together would be to embark on a costly, lengthy data integration project. Not to mention, complicated—you’d need a data engineering degree to make the dream of a centralized customer data store a reality.
Since their founding, Segment has made it easy to collect customer event data from your website or mobile app. And with newly-launched Segment Sources, you can now add in new types of data. In just a few clicks, you can pull siloed customer data from tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and HubSpot into a single data warehouse for a complete view of the customer experience.
With your data in a centralized data warehouse like Redshift or Postgres, you can use BIME to explore the data, create data joins, and build interactive dashboards using simple drag-and-drop functionalities. No SQL required!
The questions you can now answer about your customers are limitless:
- Zendesk + Salesforce: What questions are prospects asking at different stages of the sales cycle? How does interacting with the customer support team affect retention over time?
- Zendesk + Segment: What areas of my app cause the most people to send in tickets?
- Zendesk + Stripe: Which pricing plans send in the most support tickets?
- Zendesk + Segment: What type of customer runs into the most problems?
- Zendesk + SendGrid + Salesforce + Segment: What were the last interactions we had with this customer across marketing, support, sales, and our product?
In the old days, this type of data integration and analysis would have taken weeks by a data engineering team, but the combination of BIME and Segment now empowers you to pull this data together in a matter of hours (or minutes, if you’re a total data ninja).
Here’s how it works:
- Get started with Segment Sources. Pick the data you want to work with and enter your credentials. Don’t forget you can gather website and mobile events data with Segment, too.
- Load all your Segment data into a data warehouse, like Redshift or Postgres. Segment makes this easy with Segment Warehouses.
- Visualize your data with BIME. Because BIME has pre-built connectors with Redshift and Postgres, you can easily access your Segment data, do analysis across all your sources, and build beautiful interactive dashboards.
Customers like San Francisco-based Instacart are already creating amazing data combos to gain new insights about their customers. "With Segment Sources, we're gathering new insights about our customer experience," said Che Horder, Director of Analytics at Instacart. "By combining Zendesk with purchase data, we're analyzing how interactions with our Customer Happiness team affect purchase behavior and long-term retention. And that's just the start."
To learn more, see how BIME works together with Segment.