CSM Spotlight: what to consider when going live with Zendesk
Last updated March 20, 2014
New to Zendesk? Today is your day! Were hosting a discussion in our forums today focused on tips and best practices for successfully launching your Zendesk, both internally and externally.
[Update: March 20th has come and gone but dont fret! The tips and discussion are still alive and well in our forums].
Throughout the day, Ill post suggestions on how to plan your launch, how to train and prepare your agents, and best practices for gathering feedback from your team. But this is a two-way street: I welcome your tips and ideas on how to ensure the transition to Zendesk is smooth for both your agents and your VIP end users.
The discussion is already underway; we kicked it off with tips on planning your launch. Here are some highlights:
How to plan a successful Zendesk launch
- Review how you plan to set up Zendesk with a trusted agent before you start customizing, so that they can give you real-life input and feedback.
- Roll out Zendesk in waves to different group of agents. This allows your internal trainers to focus on a specific group and make sure theyve successfully launched before moving on to the next group.
- Brand your Zendesk experience so that customers dont necessarily notice a change.
- Develop a communication and awareness campaign for both internal agents and external end users.
- Create a continual training plan for new agents that join as well as refresher courses as you roll out additional Zendesk functionality.
Head over to the forums for more details and tips, and to join the conversation.
This discussion kicked off our new CSM Spotlight series: a monthly discussion in our forums about a specific topic. Hosted by a Zendesk Customer Success Manager, each day-long discussion will include Zendesk-posted content as well as tips and ideas from our customer community.
The next CSM Spotlight is scheduled for April 17: How to provide great support through social media. Mark your calendar!